There’s just something about the first day of summer, the promise of a season that is fruitful and full of delighting in each other. It’s a season of memory making. A season of family vacations and cookouts. A season of sea fare and spending time by the water. A season of long, humid days and sprinklers and ice cream trucks. Basically, summer has the good things, y’all.
This summer for me is a period of transition. Today marks my first day working from home…and it’s actually been strangely productive. It’s just past noon and already today I’ve taken the pups for a long walk around the neighborhood, meal planned and grocery shopped, had my coffee while studying scripture, showered, and made a delicious pasta salad for a picnic lunch this afternoon with a friend. A girl could really get used to this life!
Today I’m sharing with you my summer bucket list, in hopes that making it public will keep me a little more accountable.
– Attack Mt. Laundry, sort through clothes, take several bags to Good Will
– Organize my office
– Take the pups on a daily walk throughout the neighborhood
– Cook more healthy meals with local and fresh ingredients. I’d also like to take a cooking class just because I think it would be fun!
-Paint the built ins in our living room
– Plant a row of flowers along our sidewalk
-Redo our bedroom (new furniture is finally being delivered this week after having mismatched hand-me-downs for two years-YAY!)
– Catch up on doctor/dentist appointments (I am not a fan of anything medical, so I’m really horrible at putting this stuff off until the last minute)
– Do something fun with friends and family for my birthday next month!
– Finish planning my sister’s baby shower and my best friend’s bridal shower
– Blog more consistently
– Shoot my summer weddings and serve my clients well
– Master my new one light setup and use it well at this season’s weddings
– Finish Secret Project Number 1
– Launch Secret Project Number 2
– Implement better systems for filing and workflow that are compatible with being full-time rather than part-time.
– Shoot and implement several upcoming styled projects well.
– Enjoy this season and really try to be present!
I would love to hear what you have planned for your summer!