Oh, you guys.
Summer is here, and all I can think about is getting to the next season instead of enjoying the present. I know y’all feel me on this one. We rush and do and list and plan until there is no more room for growth, no more room for gratitude and appreciation and thanksgiving and love.
Slowing down in a busy season is a hard thing.
The next week will be full of hustle, followed by succumbing to the welcomed rest of an intentionally unbooked holiday weekend.
I hope this week has been easy on you, friends. And if it hasn’t, well, just know you aren’t alone.
The Hard Things
1) Time management. Ya’ll. I fail at this so hard. I start one task and quickly have the worst case of ADD and begin another task and then another until I’ve got ten half completed things and not one thing completely finished. And then I blink and it’s 7 o’clock and I’ve got to start preparing dinner for the husband. I think setting a timer is in my near future.
2) Poison Ivy. I had the best picnic lunch with a friend last week, and I do believe I sat in a patch of the yucky green “leaves of three.” And I was wearing shorts. ‘Nuff said.
3) Watching a community of people I grew up with endure the hardest of the hard things over the last week and a half. It’s been painfully heartbreaking, but I have faith in the goodness of The God and His plan.
The Good Things:
1) I blogged five times this week! For the first time. In history. It feels nice to have set that goal for myself at the beginning of the week and it actually was accomplished. Next week, I guarantee there will not be five posts, mostly because I’ll be on holiday Friday celebrating the Land of the Free.
2) On the way home from Maggie & Brian’s wedding last weekend, we stopped by Paul in Georgetown. Holy. Macaron. Goodness. I have a soft spot for sweets in mini form, and these delights are simply delectable. To be honest, last weekend in general was all the good things. My clients were the best, their wedding was amazing, and I basically spent the entire weekend praising God and thanking Him for the opportunities He has given me through this business.
3) Visiting with friends, vendors, and fellow photographers this week (in person and via Skype). I’m so thankful for the women who have entered my life as a result of photography. It’s incredible what has unfolded as a result of picking up a camera.
4) FILM SCAN DELIVERY DAY! It’s like Christmas, each and every time I receive new scans. An affirmation that this IS the direction I am supposed to be moving in.
Speaking of scans, here is one for y’all. I hope the weekend is good to you!
Those scans are JUST GORGEOUS. Love them so much! I am so very sorry this week was full of hard things, but so glad for all of the uplifting good.
Now, go eat a chocolate macaron for lunch! <3
Congrats on blogging five time this week!!! They were all great posts! And I am so glad we share a love for macaroons…those things are the best!!! Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to chat with me this week 🙂 I can’t wait to hug you at P31! xoxo p.s. you’re really making me want to start experimenting with film…your scans are gorgeous!
your film is so crazy pretty. so glad you had a week filled with lots of great things!!
Wow, five times in a week, that’s awesome, haha.. congrats on that! from your list it looks like you’ve been more productive than me in a month 😉
~Hendrick Moy Photography