I love it when other photographers post personal things about themselves, especially when it’s someone who’s work and business ethic I really admire. It’s nice to see that the person behind the lens is someone real, with quirks and a unique personality, rather than someone whose entire identity is their business. While I love my business, and strive to make my business a brand I can be proud of, there is a lot more to me than just photography or teaching. I’m quirky (ask my husband) and while I share a lot of my heart on this blog, I’ve never really taken the time to share the random things about me that make me tick. So without further adieu…
10 Random, Quirky Facts About Me:
1) I have an irrational fear of zombies, and it all stems from Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” music video. Yes, the one with the hip-hop dancing monsters. When I was about four years old, I was so terrified of the music video, when I would hear the opening music on MTV, I would run into the laundry room, hide in a corner, and close my ears so I couldn’t hear Vincent Price’s wicked laugh. One time, my older sister held me down and made me watch it. Fast-forward to 2014, I still can’t watch zombie movies. And that show…The Walking Dead? Forget about it!
2) I have borderline diabetes. I was diagnosed when I was 19 and have since tried really hard to improve my diet and maintain my blood sugar levels. This means on a wedding day, I’m that photographer that’s scarfing down a banana in the corner when nobody is looking.
3) Christmas is my favorite. No, really, I think I was an elf in another life. I start preparing for the season every September. You know that crazy Christmas lady on the Target commercials that nearly cries when they put the holiday decor on display? Yep, totally me.
4) My family speaks in movie quotes. If you attend any family function, you are certain to hear lines from some of our favorites like Multiplicity.
5) Even though I was only present for 6 months of it, the 80’s is my favorite decade. Oh, the music and the movies tug at my heart strings, maybe not so much the hair.
6) I am one of six children. I have three brothers and two sisters, and now we all have significant others and my older siblings have children. We are loud and when we get together it can be chaotic, but I am the person I am because of them and I couldn’t have imagined growing up without them.
7) My husband, Matt, and I were set up. In fact, at first, neither of us wanted anything to do with the other. It took his cousin’s wife nearly six months to convince me that I needed to meet him. After we met, the rest is history.
8) I’m allergic to kiwi, which is sad because I actually think it’s delicious.
9) Michael Buble kissed me once. Not even joking, my Mama has the picture on her refrigerator to prove it. It was at one of his first concerts before he was famous, and he jumped into the crowd and I ran to him to meet him. He put his arms out to me like he’d known me my entire life, then proceeded to take a really bad/blurry selfie picture of the two of us with my camera. It. Was. Awesome.
10) I have a tattoo of a heart on my ankle in memory of my aunt TT who passed away several years ago. She had the same tattoo in the same spot, so I feel like it really ties me to her. My sister and my best friend also have their own versions of the same tattoo.
Thanks to Ashley, Jenni, and Kimmie for assisting me at this year’s weddings and catching random moments of me behind the scenes!
#4 or #5 are why we’re friends! haha. i love movies AND the 80s! so happy we’ve gotten to work together this year! 🙂 <3 you BPF!