Matt is in Delaware for the week on business, so I’ve had quite a bit of time for learning and reflection. I’ve noticed several things, important things, silly things, things I felt necessary to share. If for nothing else but to look back on this week and give it a much needed laugh.
1) Cheap Hobby Lobby charger plates will melt if you soak them in hot water.
2) If you leave dinner on the stove in your brand new Giada pasta pot too long, inevitably, it will burn. Tomorrow I’ll be able to let you know if soaking it over-night fixes the problem or not. Heres to hoping, I love that pot.
3) I wear my heart on my sleeve, almost to a fault. My feelings are paper thin, and the slightest tear usually has me falling apart. So when someone does something downright hateful towards me, I crumble. However, today I realized there are people out there that are just plain cruel to others. Somewhere in their walk of life, something has happened to them to make them carry such bitterness in their hearts. And instead of sitting around with a “why me” attitude, I decided to take a moment to pray for that other person. Turn a negative into a positive, and take it with a grain of salt. I can’t change the situation, but I do have complete control over my reaction.
4) I have mentioned in a previous post the difference between sunshine friends and real friends, and I have decided there is a time and a place for both. Each are important, each are necessary. I’m thankful for my girls this week who have come through and kept me busy while the Husband is away.
5) Christmas music and Harvest Pumpkin Ale can fix the worst of days
6) Puppies are a lot like small children in several ways:
-When they are teething, they chew on everything
-They get up at all hours of the night demanding your attention
-If they get too quiet, generally it’s because they’re doing something they shouldn’t be
-They fill a space in your heart you never knew was missing
And Thea makes three 🙂 Many, many more posts featuring our newest addition to come.